The biNu App Publishing Platform architecture (with a three-tier structure) is based on delivering pages of content formatted using Markdown and HTML markup tags. This is achieved via biNu servers that optimise content to reduce data bandwidth to a smartphone client app that renders content for display.
The concept is similar in to “wrapping” HTML web content as a native app install, and using the smartphone operating system’s built-in browser engine to render HTML content pages within an app framework.
The biNu difference
biNu content pages can include text, image and video content elements as well as options for user data input.
- All content pages are delivered via biNu cloud servers where content elements are compressed and optimised for bandwidth efficiency (instead of a direct connection between the smartphone device and a website).
- The biNu smartphone client app uses a proprietary rendering engine to display page content.
biNu additional features and value
- Provides a fast, simple, uncomplicated, easy to use app experience.
- biNu web applications can be developed using standard web technologies and are easy to build, distribute and update. There’s no need to continuously update existing app installs to provide new features.
- Allows the unique capability to zero-rate and reverse bill app usage. Because all app data traffic is directed through fixed biNu IP addresses and is extremely bandwidth efficient.
- The biNu smartphone client app captures a full range of device attributes and session data provided by the operating system and exposes the information to biNu web applications as a web API.
- HD video content plays instantly (unlike streaming). This is because it can be downloaded in background, taking advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity when available or optimal telco bandwidth availability, such as late night low activity or zero-rated periods.